Thursday, March 25, 2010

Murphy's laws In our life ........



I believe that our lives are affected totally by these dreaded murphy's  laws.....

To begin with,


If any thing can go wrong, will go wrong  :)


Every day I get up in the morning, thinking everything would be, if not perfect, somewhat closer to it. 


I remember few days back, I was going back to my native place Delhi for Holi. When I got up from my sleep, it was a very pleasant Wednesday morning. But Murphy had  planned my day to be action packed and full of blunders.  I began my morning with no water in the washroom. I managed somehow. Started to make tea, but milk conspired and went out of leaps, when I boiled it.  So , had black tea. With all the luggage and a ticket for 5.00 pm train to Delhi, I left for office early at 11.00 am in Mumbai Autorickshaws. Basking in the sun, proud  that I  planned my day so effectively,  I paid autorick guy the fare and moved on.  I felt something was missing.....................GOD, I left my mobile phone in the autorick. Now, thats the beginning of of things going wrong one by one. Obviously, I hoped autorick guy would be genuine and he would come back and return my phone.. but it never happened.  So, I lost phone, lost all numbers and could not remember even my home's number. Entered office physically, with cmy soul left in the autorick with my life gone in it. I kept my  cool to avoid any other mishaps and reached railway station at 3.00 pm and now thats well in time for 5.00 pm train to catch.


But Murphy baba cannot sit idle, at 4.50pm suddenly an announcement made my heart skip a beat. End time, platform changed for train arrival and I started running with 25kgs luggage in hand .  That train is known to come on platform 4 always but , this time out of fun ,it came on 6 and I was on the verge of missing my train.  Murphy baba was kind enough at he let me catch the train. 


So finally that Wednesday ended with losing phone and almost missing train. But the dreaded Wednesday was not yet over. When I came back from Delhi, in the office, I got to know I left my drawer open which is strictly forbidden.  Remember, I was only physically present in the office. This could had gone unnoticed by murphy baba didnt let it happen. I got into a lot of trouble because of this and my belief on murphy's law has strengthen , like never before.


Guys, What do you think?????????????  Have you ever felt any such thing in life or I am wondering,   I am murphy baba's favourite. 










9 comments:

poo........... said...

he he he... dont worry shivali.... murphy baba loves everybody :P

Unknown said...

no dear you are not the only one. btw nice writing skills

shivali jain said...

@ Poo & Ashish--> I am sure, babaji is never short of work that ways

Idea! said...

Tosho,

Ur the chosen one.
Ur the mishap queen.
Ur the "Murphy Baba's" Fav :)

But then it is said that “Each time we face our fear, we gain strength, courage, and confidence which takes us to the next level.”

In that sense, no problem will look you any bigger now :)


Thanks to your Murphy baba..After all you said you are his fav :)

Subramanian Viswanathan said...

This brought back memories of the time when i was going to visit my parents.. at least Murphy unkil was kind enough with you.. in my case he made me wait for 4 hours and got my train cancelled.

So.. still think you are Murphy baba's favorite?

shivali jain said...

Hey K.V.... feels like baba is always occupied

Anonymous said...

Hey Shivali, nice to see your blog and its very true with everyone. Same pinch dear, I m a bigtime victim of this law :D

Anurag Bhatnagar said...

Nice experience and very nicely written! But I don't think that you should feel any bad about the whole day.. coz shakespeare baba once spoke - all's well that ends well. :)

But did you take Murphy Baba's msg out of the whole story? -- Get a better mobile phone, it's not 1999 :P

Atulaniya said...

hahaha...
well ... I would say murphy gave his name to the phenomena which is known as "bad luck" and now everyone blames him for bad luck ;)

but on serious note ... i guess both things happen to us ...good & bad ...we remember bad only because ..... they strike us and we can say " this happens to me only always x-(" .. and the good things just do not get noticed...

~~ Jagesh Purohit